Vacation Bible School Daycamp
July 11 – 15, 2022
Welcome to MONUMENTAL where we are going to explore God’s vast power and His deep love at Vacation Bible School!
We will be heading out to Walcamp, a Christian Education facility, to experience this unique outdoor VBS.
We have a limited number of spaces for both campers and youth leaders this year. Spots will be saved on a first come, first served basis. We welcome back preschoolers this year! Children ages 4 & 5 are invited to join us for 1/2 days Monday-Thursday, and a full day on Friday for our Preschool Program. Full-day program is open to those entering first grade through 7th grade as campers, and 8th grade through college age for youth leaders.
Please read the Parent & Camper Information Packet.
Register by June 29, 2022. Use the links below for either a printable version to complete and mail to the church or complete the online version. Fee for preschool camper is $35. Fee for elementary camper is $60. Fee for Youth Crew Leader is $25. Fees are reduced by $5 for each camper/youth leader registered by May 31. A limited number of scholarships are available. (Scholarship campers/youth do NOT qualify for the Early Bird Discount.)
- VBS Camper Registration (all ages) – Complete online
- VBS Camper Registration (all ages) – Printable version Download and print to complete.
- Youth Crew Leader Training Date Selection – Printable version Download and print to complete (form is included in the online VBS Camper Registration form found in the first bullet point).
- Pay through eGiving (print/complete forms and turn in to church office) – Pay online Select Fund “Vacation Bible School” and Sub-Fund “VBS – Registration”
- Elementary and Youth Campers: 9:15 am to 2:45 pm
- Preschool Campers: 9:15 am to 12:00 pm (M-Th); 9:15 am to 2:45 pm (Fri.)
- Bus Schedule for Elementary and Youth Campers: 8:40 am and 3:15 pm
- Bus Schedule for Preschool Campers: 8:40 am and 12:30 pm (M-Th); 3:15 pm (Fri.)
- Walcamp’s address is 32653 Five Points Road, Kingston, Illinois. Campers not taking the bus may be dropped off and picked up at Walcamp.
- Morning Busing Information: Those taking the bus will need to be dropped off at the church’s north parking lot at 8:40 am. All children and youth must check in with VBS volunteer. Buses will depart promptly at 8:45 am.
- Afternoon Busing Information: The bus will return to the church parking lot by 12:30 pm for Preschool (M-Th) and 3:15 pm for Elementary/Youth (and Preschool on Friday).
VBS Mission – Kids Buying “Kids”
Each year VBS campers, youth and adult leaders do an amazing job donating either coin or items for our VBS Mission. This year we are excited to join First United Methodist Church’s Mission Team to collect coins for our new missionaries in Mexico.
One of the great programs the missionaries have is providing baby goats, or “kids,” to families. This goat can provide needed nutrition with its milk and can be the start of a herd – a herd provides a way for a family to have income.
How to Help with the Mission: Campers, youth, and adults are invited to bring coins (and bills) each day to VBS. Every day we will learn about the many different ways the missionaries are accomplishing great works in Mexico.
Start saving your change for this year’s mission!
Completed registration forms may be dropped off or mailed to: First United Methodist Church, 317 N. 4th St., DeKalb, IL 60115.