Vacation Bible School Daycamp
July 12 – 16, 2021
Get ready for TREASURED where X marks the spot for EXCITEMENT this summer at Vacation Bible School!
We will be heading out to Walcamp, an outdoor Christian Education facility, to experience this unique VBS outside.
We have a limited number of spaces for both campers and youth leaders this year. Spots will be saved on a first come, first served basis. Camper age is limited to campers entering kindergarten through 7th grade; youth leaders are those entering 8th grade through college age. Half-day preschool group is NOT available this year.
Please read the letter from our Director of Christian Education.
Please read the Parent & Camper Handbook and Health Policies.
Register by June 25, 2021. Use the links below for either a printable version to complete and mail to the church or complete the online version. Fee for elementary camper is $55. Fee for Youth Crew Leader is $20. Fees are reduced by $5 for each camper/youth leader registered by May 31. A limited number of scholarships are available.
- VBS Camper Registration (all ages) – Printable version Download and print to complete (or register and pay online at the link in the next bullet point).
- VBS Camper Registration (all ages) – Complete online
- Youth Crew Leader Training Date Selection – Printable version Download and print to complete (form is included in the online VBS Camper Registration form found above)
- VBS Schedule: 9:15 am to 2:45 pm
- Bus Schedule: 8:40 am and 3:15 pm
- Walcamp’s address is 32653 Five Points Road, Kingston, Illinois. Campers not taking the bus may be dropped off and picked up at Walcamp.
- Morning Busing Information: Those taking the bus will need to be dropped off at the church’s north parking lot at 8:40 am. All children and youth must check in with VBS volunteer. Buses will depart promptly at 8:45 am.
- Afternoon Busing Information: The bus will return to the church parking lot by 3:15 pm.
Each year VBS campers, youth and adult leaders do an amazing job donating either coin or items for our VBS Mission. This year we are going to try something new. We are not going to have just one mission, but TWO missions.
Mission 1: We will be collecting coins this year for United Methodist Committee on Relief, or UMCOR. Each day campers, youth and adults can bring in change that will go to UMCOR, and each day we will learn about some of the missions and partnerships that UMCOR has.
Mission 2: Each day, we will have a chance to learn about how we can do mission work right in our won neighborhoods, even in our own homes. Be looking each day for a take home sheet that will explain that day’s mission.
We CANNOT wait to see how many different ways we can do mission work both near to us and around the world. Start saving your change and be on the lookout for each day’s mission!
Completed registration forms may be mailed to: First United Methodist Church, 317 N. 4th St., DeKalb, IL 60115.