Vacation Bible School Daycamp
July 10 – 14, 2023
Welcome to STELLAR where we are going to Shine Jesus’ Light at Vacation Bible School!
We will be heading out to Walcamp, a Christian Education facility, to experience this unique outdoor VBS.
Children ages 4 & 5 are invited to join us for 1/2 days Monday-Thursday, and a full day on Friday for our Preschool Program. Full-day program is open to those entering kindergarten through 7th grade as campers, and 8th grade through college age for youth leaders.
Please read the Parent & Camper Information Packet.
Register by June 23, 2023. Use the links below for either a printable version to complete and mail to the church or complete the online version. Fee for preschool camper is $35. Fee for elementary camper is $60. Fee for Youth Crew Leader is $25. Fees are reduced by $5 for each camper/youth leader registered by May 31. A limited number of scholarships are available. (Scholarship campers/youth do NOT qualify for the Early Bird Discount.)
- VBS Camper Registration (all ages) – Complete online
- VBS Camper Registration (all ages) – Printable version Download and print to complete.
- Youth Crew Leader Training Date Selection – Printable version Download and print to complete (form is included in the online VBS Camper Registration form found in the first bullet point).
- Pay through eGiving (print/complete forms and turn in to church office) – Pay online Select Fund “Vacation Bible School” and Sub-Fund “VBS – Registration”
- Elementary and Youth Campers: 9:15 am to 2:45 pm
- Preschool Campers: 9:15 am to 12:00 pm (M-Th); 9:15 am to 3:15 pm (Fri.)
- Bus Schedule for Elementary and Youth Campers: 8:40 am and 3:15 pm
- Bus Schedule for Preschool Campers: 8:40 am (M-F); NO RETURN BUS Mon – Thurs; 3:15 pm (Fri.)
- Walcamp’s address is 32653 Five Points Road, Kingston, Illinois. Campers not taking the bus may be dropped off and picked up at Walcamp.
- Morning Busing Information: Those taking the bus will need to be dropped off at the church’s north parking lot at 8:40 am. All children and youth must check in with VBS volunteer. Buses will depart promptly at 8:45 am.
- Afternoon Busing Information: The bus will return to the church parking lot by 3:15 pm for Elementary/Youth. Friday 3:15 pm Pick up at the NEW BUILDING, 2501 N. Annie Glidden Rd., DeKalb.
VBS Mission – More Than a Bandage
Each year VBS campers, youth and adult leaders do an amazing job donating either coin or items for our VBS Mission. We are excited again this year to join First United Methodist Church’s Mission Team to collect coins for our new missionaries in Mexico.
More Than a Bandage is one of the great programs the missionaries have to train local women as community-based health care providers.
How to Help with the Mission: Campers, youth, and adults are invited to bring coins (and bills) each day to VBS. Every day we will learn about the many different ways the missionaries are accomplishing great works in Mexico.
Start saving your change for this year’s mission!
Completed registration forms may be dropped off or mailed to: First United Methodist Church, 317 N. 4th St., DeKalb, IL 60115.