July 8 – 12, 2019 at Walcamp in Kingston
First United Methodist Church’s Vacation Bible School is a daycamp which takes place at Walcamp in Kingston, Illinois.
Each of the links below include forms that must be completed, signed and returned to the church office. Please read the letter from our Director of Christian Education.
- Parent Handbook / Signature Form Please download and read with your child(ren). Sign form or indicate on the online registration that the handbook has been read.
- VBS Camper & Volunteer Registration (all ages) – Printable version Download and print for to complete (or register and pay online at the link in the next bullet point).
- VBS Camper & Volunteer Registration (all ages) – Complete and pay online
- Volunteer Crew Leader Training (7th through college) – Printable version Please download and complete or indicate on the online registration which training date you will attend.
- Preschool (children who are 4 or 5 years old by July 1, 2019): 9:15 am to 12 noon Monday-Thursday, and 9:15 am to 2:45 pm Friday
- Elementary (children entering 1st through 6th grade) and Youth Volunteers (youth entering 7th grade through college): 9:15 am to 2:45 pm
Your child(ren) may be dropped off and picked up directly at the camp location (32653 Five Points Rd., Kingston) or may ride the bus from the church. Preschool and elementary children, as well as youth volunteers, taking the bus will need to be dropped off at the north parking lot (corner of Pine St. and 4th St.) at 8:40 am. All children and youth must check in with VBS adult volunteers. Preschool bus will return to First UMC north parking lot at 12:30 pm Monday through Thursday and at 3:15 pm on Friday. Elementary buses will return to First UMC north parking lot at 3:15 pm each day.
Youth Volunteer Training
Youth (entering 7th through 12th grade) are encouraged to participate as crew leaders. All youth volunteers must attend ONE of the training sessions before VBS. Training dates are:
- Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 11:00 am
Cost per child: (to help defray the costs of transportation, t-shirts and other supplies)
- Preschool Registration by 5/31: $35
- Preschool Registration after 5/31: $40
- Elementary Registration by 5/31: $50
- Elementary Registration after 5/31: $55
- Youth Volunteer by 6/26: $20
Youth Volunteers are not eligible for the early bird discount. Maximum fee per family is $120.
Each year VBS campers participate in a Mission project. This year’s mission is World Relief. We will be collecting coins, bills, 1 to 2 pound bags of rice, lentils, dry chickpeas, disinfecting wipes, baby wipes, dry erase markers, and dry erase erasers throughout the entire week for World Relief DuPage.
More information can be found by clicking the link above in the letter from the Director of Christian Education.
Parent and Camper Handbook and registration forms are available on this site and in the church office. Completed registration forms, handbook signature page, and payment may be dropped off or mailed to: First United Methodist Church, 317 N. 4th St., DeKalb, IL 60115.